lundi 1 août 2016

Re-installing rear trans axle

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02general View Post

I will be re-installing my rear trans axle in a 02 Z06. I separated the torque tube from tranny to lessen the total weight. Y'all are probably gonna laugh at me but all I used to lower trans axle and tranny assy was a 2 ton floor jack and a piece of 2x4 about 30 inches long. I got it out without hurting myself or damaging anything. I'm debating on purchasing an ATV- motorcycle lift jack from harbor freight. Does anyone have experience using one of these installing the rear transaxle? It's a whole lot cheaper than their tranny jacks. Thanks guys.

If you have someone to help you, you can use the jack

I use the motorcycle lift and it works outstanding. I can do it mu self with the motorcycle lift!

MAKE SURE that you replace the large O ring if you separated the TRANS from the DIFF..

While its out, recommend replacing the differential output shaft seals!

BC

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Re-installing rear trans axle

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.