dimanche 28 août 2016

Need the location of an 89 main coolant fan relay

I've read many, many posts on the forum. Several mention it's under the brake master cylinder. I assume the two relays BEHIND my battery are for the MAF.

There are two relays on the rear of the DS inner wheel fender. My FSM identifies one of them as the gear selector relay. The other is not identified.

My FSM SAYS the main coolant fan relay is "Front of the engine compartment on the radiator shroud." (while the aux fan relay is on the radiator support).

When I ground the aux fan, I can hear/feel the shroud relay clicking. So I'm convinced THAT is not for the main fan. WHICH MEANS THE 89 FSM is W-R-O-N-G!!!

I don't have anyone handy to intermittently ground the ALDL pin to see if I can identify WHERE the main fan relay is located. By process of elimination, I'm guessing it's one of the ones on the inner wheel liner.

EDIT: I am also assuming it's exactly the same style as the aux fan relay -- which is what's mounted on the inner fender. In prepping for a better fan, I think I've found where that would be a 30-amp relay. Confirmation of that would also be stellar!

Thanks!

BTW...There were a couple of pictures posted over the years. As usual links were empty/gone. Considering how "cheap" picture space is on the net (usually free), it's hard to figure why so many people delete pictures from their hosting websites!


Last edited by GREGGPENN; Today at 01:25 AM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Need the location of an 89 main coolant fan relay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.