samedi 27 août 2016

C4 transmission alternatives

It's been a long hot summer for me and I've avoided working on my car. The rebuilt engine is sitting pretty in the car. I have a ZF S6-40 six speed manual but it needs synchros $600 at minimum and probably second and third gears costing another $600 for both gears. That's if I don't find any more problems with this transmission.

Now I'm looking at other transmission options. This might sound crazy but for the first time in my life I'm thinking of going with an automatic. The car is going to be a street car most of the time and a little bit of road course, autocross, and 1/4 mile racing but 90% street car. Also I might move to an area with lots of hills. So I think an auto might be a good alternative if the price is right.

So I'm asking all of you knowledgeable forum members what your advice is and if it is even cost effective and desirable for my needs. Lastly how much power would and automatic steal from the rear wheels?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



C4 transmission alternatives

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.