samedi 27 août 2016

Anyone know about brake position senor?

I have no codes but my cruise control (which I use a couple hours per day) has been intermittent.
I'm pretty sure the brake pedal position sensor or whatever it is called is malfunctioning.

In th c5, I just had to take a bungee cord and pull up the pedal but for some reason GM decided to make the system complicated for the C6.

So, if I hit a patch of rough road the cruise control will begin to function, or, if I hit the brakes, juggle the pedal...it will begin to work after a few set/disengage regimens.
Same thing if it is working...hit a few bumps and it cuts off or even if I do not hit bumps.

Then, once the cruise control IS working, I have to stand on the pedal hard to get it to turn off!
Lastly, the brake lights are on when I place the car in accessory mode until I again jiggle the pedal.

Anyway, seems like a difficult part to look up, even trunk monkey didnt understand what I wanted.

It looks to me like a forked lever connected to a white plastic rheostat that follows brake pedal travel but not sure if that's it.

Anyone know what it is I should target for replacement or what to look for on a tech2? Anyone find a part number?

Thanks much!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Anyone know about brake position senor?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.