dimanche 28 août 2016

1969 NOM Starting Problems.

Hello,

So, I have a 1969 350 automatic that came with a "crate engine" (if the previous owner is to be believed). When we got the car it had intermittent starting problems and the previous owner had said everything had been looked at (battery, starter, ignition, etc.) and that there was a "dead spot" on the starter.

So the intermittent problem became a permanent one and I ended up changing the starter. The car still would not start (no crank, nothing). When I jumper the S terminal and the battery terminal on the starter solenoid the starter fires right up and, I believe, if the key is in run we can get the car to start. So I know the starter is good and is getting a good ground and a good 12V, and deduction tells me the problem must be between the key and the S terminal on the starter (right?).

Can anyone please recommend what/where I should look at and test next? I'm by no means a mechanic but I am handy, and have a lot of tools and a multimeter. Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



1969 NOM Starting Problems.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.