dimanche 28 août 2016

62 Brake warning light questions

Still in the process of "shaking down" the 62 I bought a few weeks ago. Everything works as it should but the brake warning light. When I was looking under the dash I noticed the tan wire with receptacle for fuse block...I figured I would take a chance, disconnected the battery and plugged it in. It lights up! (Yes, I already know its supposed to flash by use of a 257 bulb) but it was lit up...but here is the odd part. It lit up without the ignition on so the PO must have run into the same situation. I disengaged the parking brake and the light stays on. Went ahead and pulled the plug out of the fuse block. I took the switch apart and it looks simple enough...the pin on the switch was a little stiff, so I cleaned it up etc and got it to actuate just fine...But my question is how does the switch work? I noticed how it clamps to the e-brake tube...but what actually makes it work? Am I missing something on the parking brake rod that actuates the light? I know my description isnt the best...but someone else probably knows exactly how it works

Thanks in advance!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



62 Brake warning light questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.