lundi 1 août 2016

82 TPS Question

Seems like '82 issues are popular recently (or on-going). Here is my latest and most perplexing issue to date, but first off my question. Is there anything that could cause the TPS to read too high a voltage other than simply a bad TPS? The lowest voltage I can get is 1.7VDC with it rotated down and the highest is about 2.7VDC rotated up. 5.25 VDC at pin C and Ground on pin A.

My initial problem was a bad fuel pump that was causing the engine to surge. I also bought a vacuum line replacement kit and TBI overall kit. Replaced the pump, fuel hoses, filter, and was having some problems keeping it idling which I had never had before. If I kept the RPMs up it would run so I figured some adjustments were all I needed. Rather than do that I decided to replace vacuum hoses with a kit I had bought. The car started right up and the idle was better but when I tried to take it out for a drive the engine would die. Now it has digressed to the point that it is hard to start and even keep running. The fuel injector fuel delivery cone looks good but I believe engine is way too rich as there is a strong fuel smell and the plugs were all pretty wet when I looked at them.

Before I take the TBIs apart I want to get the damn thing back close to where it was before the fuel pump went bad. I know from reading the Sticky and all the other advice that there are a ton of things which can cause problems and I guess I'll be working through them.
Thanks,
Chris

Let's block ads! (Why?)



82 TPS Question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.