lundi 29 août 2016

Brake pedal goes to the floor, no leaks

Unfortunately I hardly get to drive my 72, but I took it out for the first time in a few months and drove around for a few miles. I kind of take it easy usually, and didn't notice any brake issues. Took it out the following day, and I started to notice the pedal traveling a lot more and after few stops, it now goes all the way to the floor with almost no resistance and only get some braking power, albeit small, right as it hits the floor. The MC is full and could not see any leaks on the ground (haven't taken any wheels off yet) I have done some reading about very spongy brakes after some sort of brake service, but nothing brake related has been touched on this car for a few years (previous owner). I know he changed the MC, not sure what else, but the brakes have been fine. I did notice that the fluid in one of the MC chambers was quite clear, while the other was very cloudy, almost black. Do you think I should start by flushing the cloudy fluid and see if it gets better, or do you think I am looking at bad calipers?

It's a 72 4-speed with power brakes and a 350, if any of that matters.

Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Brake pedal goes to the floor, no leaks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.