jeudi 11 août 2016

Joined The Club! From A Shelby to Z06

Hey everyone! I sold my 13' GT500 and I finally found what I was looking for and pulled and the trigger. An 06' silver with no options with 25k miles. It took me 9 hours to get her home but I was smiling the whole way!

The car is in pretty good shape for being 10 years old, I didn't find anything that surprised me. Just a few rock chips, and the headlight lens/bumper are speckled with road rash. No squeaks or rattles, suspension feels tight, and it drives great!

I do have a few questions though because some things popped up and I noticed some oddities that wasn't present in the car I came from.

First thing I noticed is how quiet the car is. My Shelby sounded so good, although it was also stock. This car is stock as well though and it's nearly silent. Although, I did notice it seemed to have a little exhaust rumble when I stopped after driving a while? As in it got louder after being warmed up.

A downside (or upside?) to it being so quiet allows you to hear other things and that other thing was a tick at right about 1300-2000 rpm. It's constant and almost guaranteed right in that RPM range. Is this normal or a sign of a bigger issue? Not really sure how to describe the sound other than tick,tick,tick,tick,tick,and so on. Perhaps not so much a "tick" sound, maybe more of a "tap"

Another sound I couldn't help but notice and it's also very annoying is a rattling sound when leaving from a stop. My last car would do that if I accidentally got the RPMs too low when taking off but it wasn't near as bad as this. I don't feel like I'm lugging the car and it still makes the sound although it does lessen when giving it more gas but at that point I feel like I'm giving it too much gas. Normal?

And wow I underestimated the power of this car big time. I spent the first half of the trip taking it easy just trying to make it back. I was starting to think "wow, this doesn't really have any bite to it" and boy was I wrong. Once I got into familiar territory and sunk my foot into to it, the RPMs shot over 4K and it turned into an animal. I was grinning ear to ear and just like that all of my power concerns were squashed in an instant. It'll put you back in your seat big time.

My grin turned into a little frown though after I noticed the CEL right after doing it. The car was still running great, I didn't notice any oddities in idle or changes in sound. I stopped by the first autozone I saw and had the codes read to make sure it wasn't anything major. I wish I would've wrote down the exact codes but they were all "catalytic efficiency below threshold, bank 1/bank 2" Any ideas? Also saw something about "ignition switch circuit 1, 'intermittent' "

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Joined The Club! From A Shelby to Z06

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.