samedi 6 août 2016

C7 ZR1 - What can we expect?

Personally, I believe the C7Z, in its current configuration will not benefit much from a big bump in power. I don't believe the car will get a hp bump like we saw from the C6Z to the C6ZR1. My guess is that we will we see a modest power pump (may 50hp), but the ZR1 will be further fine-tuned for track duty (Think GT3 RS, Viper ACR). All the upgrades over the current C7Z will be in the form of weight reduction and other changes aimed at improving track efficiency.

My guess:

50 hp bump
Fixed Roof
Carbon fiber fenders/doors
Unique to ZR1 front bumper and hood for optimal cooling
Further Suspension tuning
and lastly...a huge ridiculous ricer style rear wing (which will ruin the whole car from a visual perspective)

As such, I am not sure the ZR1 name is appropriate here. They should have skipped the ZR1 for the C7 generation and simply called this new model the C7 ZO6R (Rather than the actual C7ZO6 R, which is nothing more than a decal edition).

Don't get me wrong, it will be a BEAST, and I understand GM does not have to sell a ton of them, but I see little value over that of the current C7 ZO6 ZO7. Heck, slap the ZO7 option on the Grand Sport and you are good to go even.

Just my 2 cents.


Last edited by Paulchristian; Today at 11:31 AM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



C7 ZR1 - What can we expect?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.