samedi 6 août 2016

C1 Leaky Valve Cover Gasket

I'm working on stopping some slow leaks around the steel valve covers on my 1960 base 283 engine. I've taken the covers off and flattened the flanges. There was a set Felpro VS12869t gaskets already on and I reinstalled them, but they still leak. I read a review elsewhere that said these were good gaskets but I should make sure that I have them on the correct way as there is a way to put them on upside down. I couldn't see much difference but I turned them over anyway and I still have oil collecting on top of the exhaust manifold. I am using the original phillips head screws to attach the covers. If there is a correct up/down orientation may I ask someone to explain it to me. If the original screws unlikely to provide enough torque, I'd be glad to know what others have done. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Erik

Let's block ads! (Why?)



C1 Leaky Valve Cover Gasket

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.