mercredi 10 août 2016

'04 C5 LS1 Engine swap

Thanks for looking!

I have a 2004 with LS1/automatic that I just picked up as a project to get back on the road. Engine was hydra-locked (it actually runs, missing one cylinder, and with a hole in the side of the block). Not an uncommon occurrence in FL. I will be swapping out the existing LS1 for a replacement engine....likely another LS1/C5/'04 of which I have located several. Except for that one, pesky hole in the block everything else seems in really good shape on the car and was well maintained prior to scooping up a few gallons of water into the intake.

I was looking for some advice on....

  • Tech thread on dropping/installing the engine. I have tools, lift, hoist, and have done several other cars but never a vette. This is my first vette. It actually looks more accessible than others
  • How important is the ECU with the replacement engine? Same goes for T.A.C. Any issues mating engine to existing electronics?
The only mods I see on the car are Borla exhaust with crossover, K&N intake, and aftermarket radio/nav.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Let's block ads! (Why?)



'04 C5 LS1 Engine swap

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.