lundi 8 août 2016

My weekend with a C7Z(review)

Hey guys, I wanted to say thanks for the feedback on my previous post(that unfortunately got out of hand...). A bunch of you guys gave some great feedback and really helped me make a decision to rent a C7Z for a weekend.

I was fortunate enough to find a C7Z on the turo.com app for a weekend in Tahoe. I drove it up last Friday and drove back down on Sunday. As I said in the post above, I'm a long time Audi owner, and my father has had a 987 Boxster, 997 911, and a 991S, all which I have had the pleasure of driving. I had a friend that owned a C5 vette and I've been in a C6 vette, but never really felt like the build quality/interior was up to par for what I'd want in a sports car.

Before renting this car, i visited a dealer and checked out the inside of a Z06. I was pleasantly surprised by the interior and the technology inside. The infotainment and features were honestly better than what is in my Dad's previous Porsches and new Macan. This was a pleasant surprise. This kept me interested in with the C7Z The following weekend I had a Bachelor's party in Tahoe to attend, and my wife needed our SQ5, which presented the perfect opportunity to see the car in windy roads and a long drive including traffic in 110 degrees.

Friday afternoon I showed up at the pick up sight and picked up the Z below.

Over the top

Side

I spent the first 20 minutes getting accustomed to the car's dimensions around me and throttle sensitivity. I went into this process assuming the Z might be too much car for me. I've never driven anything over 450hp(RS5/R8) so this is clearly another class of power.

To my surprise I felt an hour I felt comfortable with the power and dimensions. The infotainment system was great, definitely a step up from my Audis and my dad's Porsche. I found the GT seats to be comfortable and supportive. I really appreciated the AC seats while sitting in traffic in 110 degrees.

When I got up to Tahoe, there were plenty of stretches where I could see the acceleration and windy roads that gave me a feel for grip, and it has a ton of both as expected. I felt confident. I'm sure in a track setting, the rear is more challenging to keep in line, but I wasn't about to test the limits on my first drive on a public road. What I can say is, the car handled well, sounded great, and was extremely comfortable.

On the way back from Tahoe, I took off the top(which is incredibly easy) and stored it in the trunk(also incredibly easy). This was my first lengthy experience in a roofless car, and it was fantastic. The only downside is that I ended up with a bit of a sun burn(rookie mistake).

Before I turned the car in, I picked up a buddy and he was pretty much blown away by the acceleration and sound of the car. Did I mention the car is loud! I should caveat that by saying, it's loud if you want it to be. If you put it in eco mode it is not at all loud. Also, it really isn't that loud unless you are on the throttle hard and break 4-5K RPM.

So what's my verdict? Well today I went to the dealer and configured a 2017 Torch Red, 3LZ Z07, M7. Looking forward to enjoying my new family member.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My weekend with a C7Z(review)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.