dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Looking to install LMC5 in '99 FRC . Have a few questions ...

I'm planning on installing LMC5 module on my 99 FRC. Though I didn't had any issues or messages so far but I am always scared the issue will happen when I'm far away from home.
I should mention that my 1999 Vette did not had any work or recall done so it locks everytime I remove key from the ignition. I had a few questions:

a. Since I have steering wheel that "locks", all I have to do is turn on the car, remove fuse #23 and turn the car off? this will make my wheel free of lock? Then go ahead with the lmc5 install, right?


b. is this correct siquence for my car (since steering lock locks and unlocks)?

Step 1: Turn key to on, remove #23 fuse, turn key off. make sure wheel stay unlocked.

Step 2: disconnect negetive batt terminal.

Step 3: RE-install fuse #23.

Step 4: remove 3 harness from BCM. Put bcm aside.

Step 5: Since mine is 99 manual, remove the lock relay that sits right in front of BCM? (do I ever reconnect this post lmc5 install?)

Step 6: Do the 3 lmc5 wire install along with ground cable.

Step 7: Reinstall the BCM.

Step 8: Connect negative batt terminal. Start the car.

Is that it?


c. Does anyone have a picture or video or input on lmc5 brown wire mod? is it necessary?

d.

this video is latest and I can follow it?

thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Looking to install LMC5 in '99 FRC . Have a few questions ...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.