mercredi 10 août 2016

Engine HP vs. Wheel HP

Hey guys, Im hoping someone will chime in here and clear up a few things I keep hearing around town and on the forums.

When it comes to WHP we pretty much all know its the HP number we see on a dyno after friction loss through the transmission and rest of the drivetrain. lets just use the industry average and say that we are using 15% HP loss, which I feel is not accurate on an C6 LS3, but for conversation sake the percentage doesn't matter. Here are a couple examples to help answer my ultimate question

Example #1:
let say my 2013 GS makes 436bhp, subtract 15% and you get 370whp

= 66HP loss through the drivetrain

*the next example will be rough estimates.

Example #2:
*Same car
lets say install full bolt ons, heads and cam on my 2013 GS and I now make 590bhp, subtract 15% and you get 501whp

= 89HP loss through the drivetrain.

Now for the question...

If the car is exactly the same, same stock drivetrain which initially lost 66hp how does that same drivetrain now lose 89Hp just because I'm making more power?

for Ex #2: shouldn't it be my actual whp, so 501whp plus the original friction loss of 66hp making total of 567bhp? instead of 590bhp?

does the 15% rule only apply to stock cars when trying to find a rough estimate for WHP? because as you get higher and higher in HP the 15% seems to get less and less accurate until its starts making no sense.

I know this question is ridiculous and means nothing, but theres people out there saying crazy sh*t like their cars makes 580whp but going around saying they drive a 700 bhp car.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Engine HP vs. Wheel HP

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.