lundi 8 août 2016

Black Zo6 - Wrap, Coating, Sideskirts, or All Three

I have 2016 Zo6 without zo7 package or stage 2/3 aero. I live in NJ and roads here will tear much of that stuff off

I have the spats on front/rear wheels wells.

With 1300 pleasure miles on the car, I am beginning to notice long fine scratches in clear coat under direct sun light - specifically near upper rear break vents, along leading edges of front fenders, and top of doors. I actually only get a few on rear quarter panels. I also have some rash on lower break vents, but that is limited to the plastic inlets.

These all appear no deeper than swirl marks. I wash with Griot products and always do soap/rinse before even touching car with wash mitts. I occasionally do Griot spay on wash, but apply it liberally use many 1/4 folder microfiber towels with light upward wiping motion. The car been water washed 3 times, and spray on washed once, in last 6 weeks.

Hence, I don't think it is from washing. A cleaner wax appears to remove or obscure most of these marks at least for a few weeks.

Should these polish out - with a more rigorous hand polish or orbital polisher?

In term of protection, does it make sense to do a professionally applied ceramic coating or stick with more traditional sealants and waxes?

What about waxes that layer/fill, like Griot best in show?

I am hesitant to apply something like liquid glass myself, especially without professional paint correction.

Does anyone just do an annual detail, and wait until get deeper sratches and do wet sand?

I plan on keeping car 3-5 years minimum. I want it to look good for me, and not require repaint at trade in or if keep it longer. I kept my first vette 8 years, and previous one about 2.5 years.

Do these upper body marks come from rocks kicked up by tires, or debris in air - especially at speed


Last edited by dironvictorious; Today at 11:43 PM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Black Zo6 - Wrap, Coating, Sideskirts, or All Three

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.