jeudi 11 août 2016

2005 M C6 will not start post maintenance

Hi all, hoping to get some help here, I'm finally stumped. Car is a 2005 Manual 6-speed C6. Have had it since 2007, have run into the typical battery and electrical issues with the vehicle before but not like this.

I ended up pullin the dash to remove and repair the HUD, while doing that also rewired aftermarket head unit, ran a new XM antenna, and bluetooth mic. I moved 3 months ago and drove her half apart to my new house. Been about 3 months since then due to work etc, finally got her put back together and now she will not crank.

I was having issues with the FOBs not always being read inside the car, and also had a suspected bad car battery. I confirmed that and replaced it to no avail. I then found that the glove box fob reader was not reading the FOB and pulled the glove box apart to realize I had not reconnected the fob reader. Now the FOBs are recognized most of the time and always in the glovebox.

Car still will not crank. Hear the relays clicking, from the engine bay and also behind the front console where the FOB receiver is, lights come on, gauges sweep, but does not crank. Check engine light is on, but code reader reads no faults. Also had the issue with the column lock failing so installed an eliminator for that which was before driving it to the new house.

Now the drivers side window will not raise up.

Before I go down a few rabbit holes, I'm trying to isolate whether this is purely some kind of electrical/FOB type issue or if it is simply something like a bad starter solenoid.

Anyone run into something similar? I'm dreading if there is some connector I failed to reconnect. Also checked the clutch sensor and that looks fine.

Any thoughts?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



2005 M C6 will not start post maintenance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.