samedi 13 août 2016

Z06 in Yellowstone?

My brother is planning a mega road trip next month and my wife and I have been invited to tag along. Looking at 5300+ miles total.

The wife and I have no issues with driving/riding in our Z for 600 or more miles a day, so that is not an issue. I find it's pretty dang comfortable actually. What concerns me though are what the roads & parking areas are like in some of the areas we'll be visiting.

After just returning from a recent visit to the Smoky Mountains (in a rental car) I can definitively state that I'm glad I did not have my Z on that trip. Many places in the Smoky Mountains where we were forced to park in order to reach a trail head or a jump off location for a hike was NOT vette friendly! Most all of the parking areas only held 20 or 30 cars and were filled by 6AM, but there were 100's there parked all up and down the shoulders of the one-lane roads and I would have never been able to pull off if I had been in the Z.

So with that in mind this trip with my brother will take us first through the Badlands, Needles, and Mt. Rushmore areas of South Dakota. I'm pretty sure all of this sightseeing will be done from major roadways so I don't see any issues. However we are going to Yellowstone for 3 days and this is where I'm concerned. What are the roads and parking areas like in Yellowstone? Am I going to have problems if I'm driving my Z?

I really don't want to get another rental... my brother and his wife plan on driving their 370Z vert.

Input much appreciated.

U.M.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Z06 in Yellowstone?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.