dimanche 7 août 2016

What a goofy night....

I have been trying to get my race car dialed in for a little bit...my buddy and car builder took the first three passes in it...we ran into a problem hooking even with the 14/32's out back...my gut told me it was the goodyears that were on the car when I got it...

Last week I put new Mickeys on it, the stiff sidewall 14/32 slicks...my buddy talked me into getting in the car tonight...I made my first ever pass in a points event...well, the car hooked pretty much but what a ride!...the steering wheel was jumping around in my hands like it was a live wire...I never felt like I had control of the car...y'all who know that feeling know it is not anything you want to feel again...yipers!!!!

My buddy tightened the steering up a bit and made a pass himself...he felt the same death wobble I did...I went 6.84 and he went 6.75, btw...the new tires were coming in or I may have lifted slightly without realizing it....anyway, he asked me about balancing the new slicks...oops!...I told him the shop did not have a bubble balancer so I did not....

Bingo!....there was the answer...the slicks were going into tire shake all the way down the track...I told him I was not getting back in the car until we balanced those tires...he did not mind it so he drove the car in the event...I knew he was a wicked good shoe but he took that G-body wobbler to three cars...

I will say the car is going to be killer...the last five passes it went 4.30 at 330'...deadly...we had planned on replacing my 1250 cfm carb with a dominator but were missing a small part so we went with my old carb...we plan to put the big boy on next week and the car should pick up some...we will also balance the tires and make my K & R cube delay box a quick disconnect...I am foot feeding now anyway and some events will not even let you have it in the car for footbrake or no box classes...

I am looking forward to getting back in the car...I promise I am going to hurt some feelings...thanks for wheeling my buggy tonight, Rob...you are a bad man...


Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; Today at 02:40 AM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What a goofy night....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.