mardi 9 août 2016

Starting issues with my '79

Long story short, I've had this car for a while in another state, finally got it home and have been fixing things here and there trying to get it running. Keep in mind, I'm not much of a car guy. Learned everything as I went (with help of some people/this forum/youtube). Might be worth mentioning when I purchased this car 6 years ago, the motor blew and did a swap with a ZZ4 turnkey from summit.

I finally got it idling without puttering out and dying, and was able to take it around the block.

None of my gauges seem to work, so I picked up some from my local auto shop, just to see if I could get it going and figure out how it was running. I hooked everything up, and she started up and eventually puttered out. Now it sounds like the starter is just clicking away and nothings happening. I thought maybe it was something stupid like no fuel, filled it up and still nothing. Thought maybe there was something I may have done wrong with the aftermarket gauges so I hooked it back up the way it was originally just to see what'd happen, and still just clicks.

The issue I had for the longest time was I'd have to hold down the clutch and give it a little gas to fire it up, and solved that issue by replacing the spark plugs (dumbest smallest thing). Since then it would start up and stay running with no problem. Now I'm running into this snag. Hooked everything back up exactly the way it was and still won't start.. it's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?


Last edited by Zapawaf; Today at 04:30 PM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Starting issues with my '79

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.