mardi 9 août 2016

Rattle/vibration from exhaust system?

Right after I had the catalytic converters replaced due to recall on my 2009 C6 I began to hear a rattle on the passenger side when I was driving in 6th gear and accelerated. Each time I brought the car to the dealer for routine service I mentioned it and each time they could not find an issue with the exhaust system. I put up with the noise for a while and it finally got to me. A good friend, mechanic and C6 owner put my car up on his lift and we checked it out. As you can see from the photo the passenger side pipe is a bit higher than the driver side. It seemed that there was almost no clearance between the tunnel cover bolts and the shroud that is just behind the flange in the photo. It also looked like the flange was hitting the tunnel plate as well. Anyhow, I took it to the dealer and they had some techs look at it and determined that there was nothing they could do as there were really no adjustments and that is just the way the replacement converter bolted up. After discussion they agreed to try to get some more clearance and were able to get just over 1/4 inch without having to heat and bend the pipe. Noise gone, all is well.

Has anyone else had this issue? Also, is the difference in height between the two sides normal? I would think it should be symmetrical.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Rattle/vibration from exhaust system?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.