mardi 9 août 2016

Help! Can't Get Brakes to Bleed After C-5 Calipers, Booster & Master Cylinder Install

Ok, so had a leaking master cylinder and cracked OEM plastic brake booster. One thing led to another, and I ended up installing:

1) C-5 calipers and rotors in front;
2) new rotors and rebuilt C-4 calipers in rear;
3) braided stainless brake lines at all four corners;
4) new C-4 MC; and
5) new metal C-4 booster from Corvette Central

Went to bleed the system tonight and hoped to burn in the new brakes. Back seemed to bleed fine. BTW have speed bleeders and a bottle with a tube -- use the old pump the brake pedal method. I thought the front bled in okay too. When I went to start the car the pedal sunk to the floor and I do not have any pressure in the system. Hooked up the front to bleed again, and there appears to be air again. Went through tons of fluid by pumping the pedal, but can't get the air out. I even removed one speed bleeder, installed the old valve and tried to gravity bleed for a bit. No pressure in the system and I am stumped. I am considering getting a hand pump system to try that.

Has anyone had any issues like this? In working on other brake systems (not Vettes) in the past, used to just have someone pump the brakes while I release the valve. Never had any problems before, but I have also never completely replaced a whole brake system before. Any help is appreciated.

I should mention that I installed the DRM bias spring in the new MC, and bench bled it before putting in the car.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Help! Can't Get Brakes to Bleed After C-5 Calipers, Booster & Master Cylinder Install

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.