mardi 9 août 2016

A4 tranny slamming shifts after trip

Took a 5 hour road trip in the 01 A4 with 110k miles. The AC was on, driving about 80mph most of the time and outside temps around 95. Once off freeways, the transmission began slamming shifts to 1, 2 and 3rd incredibly hard, jerking the car and I faintly smelled something burning. I forgot to even monitor the transmission fluid temperature until this happened which it was 221 degrees.

I didn't drive til the next day and the shifts were once again smooth. I hope I haven't damaged something and think it was the high temps causing the issues. I have a 3 hour drive in the morning and want to know if I should do something different to keep this from happening again. Beyond this I'll have an 8 hour drive home through the same harsh conditions in a couple days.

Any tips for what might have been the culprit and suggestions for the future? PS, I have considered getting a tranny cooler when I get back. Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



A4 tranny slamming shifts after trip

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.