dimanche 14 août 2016

Z is finally running after 10 long weeks.

Gor her running after supper this evening... Nothing scary.. just usual smoke coming off manifolds from oil fluids.. valvetrain is at least 60% quieter. They are never silent... just the loud ticking is gone now. Went for a short test drive for 10 min. After Z was up to proper oil and coolant temps, never got on it hard but it pulls a lot harder in part throttle... its crazy for a stock cam.. 94 octane with some high quality octane boost. Diablo intune canned 93 octane tune... ported mani.. tb and Ai ported polished milled .025 heads. After weeks of trying to find time from life and work etc.. its worth it now... now I can drive till end of October. I hope.. talk of early winter...

Anyway just wanted to say I did it with blood and sweat and lots of motrin. Longer than I wanted but now if I had to do it again I know where it all goes on the LS7 now... seemed more daunting than the C5Z.. just more cramped in the engine bay and more hard lines etc..

Anyway thanks again to Phil at AI for his high quality heads and great customer service in giving me and knowing what I wanted. Went through Bill at RPM in DE ( AI dealer). His service and question answering was second to none.. I was never once treated like a number!

All in all I would take the same path again! No question! I can't imagine a cam, headers with how it feels now! BTW it was warm and very humid tonight and the Z ran like it was in the 30's F. Breaking the rear tires loose with part throttle.. first time for that on smooth asphalt. I can't say what speed.

Now time for polish and wax!!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Z is finally running after 10 long weeks.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.