Yes, again, this is the 3rd one in about 6 months. My original one died, got a replacement and it lasted less than a week. Got a replacement for the replacement, and it dies about 30 days later. Then after another 2 months, the replacement for the replacement needs a replacement.
Got a service charging system warning, checked and was at 11 volts with the AC on and on the freeway. Turned off the AC (remember it was 104 degrees) and drove home fast. Was at 10.2 volts when I shut it off in the garage....whew. I had seen a service every thing warning lol! Almost everything on the car started to fail as the voltage dropped. Service car soon warning was the best one.....
Off to the FLAPS to get another.
And yes I did send a PM to the guy selling the billet ones, it's super expensive for an alternator, but I need 100% reliability and I've never liked how I don't charge at a stop or signal light, stock system seems weak to me.
Last edited by unstressed; Today at 09:34 PM.
Alternator woes.....
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire