samedi 30 juillet 2016

Canuck9's 2003 EB Convertible Mod Thread!!

I had her shipped down from Indiana using Passport Transport...my Scat Pack was transported by them as well...highly recommend...fair pricing...excellent communication from drivers....ask for sales rep John Scharff.

Here she is getting lowered out of the trailer...

Of course I looked her over up and down and was overall pleased with what I saw. I did however spend the next few weekends cleaning, claying, polishing and waxing her....using a variety of products.....Wolfgang, mostly Meguiars M105, M205....even finishing her off with Chadwick Triple Play (Neil is a pleasure to work with). After a lot of work I was overall happy with my efforts (got rid of a lot of trash and swirl marks) but wanted even more. So I looked for some detailers in the area and found Scott Harle (forum member NASTYZ06)....and he took the car to the next level!! I'll post pictures of the results in the future.

Before I had Scott work his magic I had a number of plans for the car...mostly for appearance...some performance oriented as well.

1. First mod was to get the stance looking right....Corvette's from the factory have always looked like 4x4's to me. I bought a complete lowering kit from Zip Corvettes....I was looking for these results...

http://ift.tt/2ahEHVE
.

The final result...the rear end was perfect...about a one finger gap between the tire and fender...but the front barely looked like it had dropped....not to mention that the ride was horrific!! And our roads are pretty much as good as they get down here...new and always taken care of due to the tourists Florida is always trying to attract. So I had them taken off and bought a set of Stance Coilovers from Dennis at DD Mods. I'll show the results in some future posts that show the detailing work of NASTYZ06 (Auto Dermatology of Naples). The ride is back to stock with regard to comfort (set at setting 5)....the rears rub a little (new wheels/tires were put on)...and it sits just a bit lower than I'd like...so it will get raised about a 1/4-3/8" so I can fit one finger between the tire and fender.

The picture above also shows the results after my detail from Scott as well as the installation of my second mod....

2. I also wanted to upgrade the brakes for better stopping power...less brake dust and a nice contrast of color with the EB....the unpainted finish of the stock calipers just didn't cut it. I bought a set of slotted/cross drilled rotors, rebuilt torch red powder coated calipers, Stoptech brake pads, stainless steel brake lines and bleeders.

Pic above was taken a couple weeks after the install...so hadn't been detailed and than ceramic coated with Beeds.

More to come!!

All the best,

Michael


Last edited by canuck9; Today at 01:23 PM.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Canuck9's 2003 EB Convertible Mod Thread!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.