My setup: 09 base model a6, 1 7/8 headers, a&a v3si setup, 3.8" pulley, meth. I'd like to stick with the stock body and stock wheels for now. I understand a rear widebody with Z sized tires would help a ton, but I don't currently want to go that route.
The problem is that the car is currently on oem replacement tires, and it doesn't hook well at all. 1st and 2nd are impossible to hook at 75%+ throttle. 3rd hooks well, but I'd like for 2nd to be more usable. It's a rocket in 3rd, but that's also getting into really high speeds to enjoy it.
The car is mostly street driven, maybe 5k a year or so, but I'd like to hit the drag strip and maybe a 1/2 mile event once to try them. I'm ok with a tire that would only last a year. I live in AZ, so it won't be driven in cold or rain. I'd also like to eventually add more power (ie a cam and smaller pulley).
I know many reccomend pilot super sport tires, but I'm afraid it won't be enough, and I'm ok with worse tread wear.
What I'm thinking:
-nt05r in a 305 35, with 265 40 front (PSS?) tires to keep the sensors happy
-Mt et street in the above size, with the same fronts as above
-nt01 in stock rear sizes only (would be nice to be able to keep my stock front tires since they still have a ton of life left).
Obviously the drag radials would hook up better, but I'm wondering if the nt01 might be a good intermediate step with tread wear and traction between a DR and the PSS.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Last edited by bumpin96monte; Today at 02:33 PM.
Tire Choice, Base Model with SC
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire