I've been casually looking for a couple of weeks now, and over the weekend finally took one for a test drive. Sunny Saturday morning, top down, 48th birthday, wife by my side, you get the idea, so now I'm really in love and have to find one of my own.
The car I drove was a 2000 vert, auto, many options including selective ride control, 67K miles, very nice paint and interior, and new tires. The car drove well, no odd noises, good power, no codes or indicator lights on. It was at a dealer, they just got it in on trade and are asking 17.5K . The negative on the car, is that the previous owner had hand controls installed. The dealer removed them, but the trim panel under the steering wheel was notched at the top and a metal bracket and some internal plastic dash panel had been removed and was in the trunk. The other part of the hand controls required a block off plate be installed in front of the pedals, so there are small holes through the carpet and floor pan. It's actually not much damage, and I assume the trim panel could be replaced, the only part that really bothered me was the holes through the floor pan.
I really liked the car, but I'm thinking I only want it if I can get a really good deal. Not that the car doesn't warrant a decent price, but the slight damage, and that I was really hoping for something 2001 and newer with a bit less miles and a 6-speed manual, don't put it at the top of my list. What kind of offer would you make a dealer on this car, I'm thinking 14.5K-15K? I don't think they have much money in it, so they may jump at a quick sale, but who knows. I'm not emotionally involved with this one yet, so I could easily walk away since there are other cars out there, just thought this was a pretty nice one.
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks!
--Mike
Newbie, in need of some buying advice
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire