mardi 26 juillet 2016

About to buy a 62...Hope its worth what he wants

Okay, so I posted before looking for a C1/C2 in the past. Have looked at quite a few cars over a few months, and believe me...Checked craigslist/autotrader/ebay/probably every online publication you can think of. Years ago I have owned a 64 roadster, a 66 roadster, and a 59. Of all of them I loved the 59. It wasnt perfect "very nice body and paint, good chrome/stainless/drivetrain/interior" when I drove that 59 I loved every minute of it.

Flash forward to now...I have found a 62, numbers matching, dual top honduras maroon corvette. Current owner has had it for about five years and within the last two, complete paint "paint is an 8-9/10 all chrome/stainless/trim refinished or replaced. Engine and trans rebuilt three years ago with very little mileage. Completely refinished interior, new top, new wiring, weatherstrip, suspension components, added disc brakes in the front, and has an alternator instead of a generator.

I have been under the car "most bonding strips intact/rust free frame with no signs of damage, no leaks, nothing looking butchered...but nothing that looks like anything is hidden.

Everything works as it should, car drives out tight "a little bouncy" but my 59 was the same way.

So here is my dilemma..I am about to pull the trigger. Owner is somewhat local "believe me, if I had the time to chase every car that sounded like a good deal, It would leave little time for anything else. I am very familiar with these cars and no...its not a NCRS car, but a very nice driver with above average paint/body. He was asking $55K, but I have him down to 52k...Does this sound like a good deal?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



About to buy a 62...Hope its worth what he wants

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.