jeudi 28 juillet 2016

Repainting C5 Headlight Covers?

I have some excessive road rash on a Headlight cover that is through the base coat - too many spots to touch up - time for a repaint.

If I tackle this myself what would I need. It has been 40 years since I painted a car (my 1972 Corvette), so everything has changed now. I already have the compressed air delivery system, but no Paint Gun yet.

• Any recommendations on a Paint Gun for just doing single panels at a time?

• I have also seen some rattle-can base coat/clear coat auto-paint systems which might work for a headlight cover, but would the clear be as durable as factory finish?

• Does the base or clear need a catalyst?

• Does the base or clear need some type of Flex agent added to resist rock chips?

Sorry for my ignorance - been a long time!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Repainting C5 Headlight Covers?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.